You snore when the flow of air from your mouth or nose to your lungs makes the tissues of the airway vibrate, according to WebMD. This usually is caused by a blockage (obstruction) or narrowing in the nose, mouth, or throat (airway).
Snoring may be caused by:
- Enlarged tissues in the nose, mouth, or throat. Enlarged tonsils are a frequent cause of snoring in children.
- Blocked nasal passages, which make it more difficult to inhale. This affects the tissue of the throat, which may pull together during the extra effort it takes to breathe, which in turn narrows the airway. A blocked nasal passage can be caused by an upper respiratory infection (such as a cold), an allergy, or nasal polyps.
- A deviated nasal septum , which disturbs airflow in the nose.
- Loss of muscle tone in the throat, which makes it easier for tissue to collapse. This can be due to aging or lack of fitness.
Other things that may contribute to snoring include:
- Drinking alcohol, which depresses the part of the brain that regulates breathing. This can overly relax the tongue and throat muscles, causing them to partially block air movement.
- Obesity. Fat in the throat may narrow the airway.
- Medicines that relax you or make you drowsy, such as those taken for allergies, depression, or anxiety.
In many cases, people cannot sleep due to the snoring of their partner. Yet, you should know that snoring is mainly caused by excess mucus. Therefore, the elimination of mucus from the airways will definitely reduce or even completely prevent snoring.
Try this snore stopper: SnoreX(TM) Anti Snore Sleep Aid Device – Stop Snoring Instantly – The All Natural And Most Effective Snore Relief Device On The Market!
A dear friend of mine told me the recipe of a miraculous remedy which is simple and natural. It should be regularly consumed before going to sleep, and it removes mucus, and thus reduces snoring.
Be sure you use organic fruits and vegetables, as they contain more nutrients and do not consume harmful chemicals compounds (pesticides).
- 2 organic apples
- ¼ organic lemon
- 2 organic carrots
- 1 piece of organic ginger
- ½ cup of water
Its preparation is extremely easy, as all you need to do is to place all ingredients in a blender and blend until you get a homogenous mixture.
How to Use:
You should drink the juice several hours before going to sleep. Moreover, you should avoid the following foods and drinks, as they may worsen the condition:
- processed foods and drinks
- fried foods
- foods that are hard to digest
- too much chocolate
- too much alcohol
In this way, you will quickly clear the airways from mucus and reduce snoring. You will finally be able to get a proper night sleep and rest.