Dry/Cracked feet is one of the horrible nightmares to many people nowadays. However, it continues in all seasons causing pain and irritation whenever you put your feet on the ground. It is a sign of lack of attention to foot care that usually leads to cracked heels.
The skin on your feet has no oil glands it takes several thousands of sweat glands to keep it moisturized always. So, the one who fails to moisturize their feet often is more prone to this discomfort.
Causes of Cracked Heels:
- Standing for long hours and exposure of feet to open environment can be the reasons for cracked feet.
- Over exposure of your feet to water, excessively hot showers or baths.
- Less humidity in the surrounding environments.
- Being overweight can be one of the causes as it causes excess pressure on the feet pad leading to cracked heels
- Psoriasis, eczema and other skin related diseases are some of the causes.
- Wearing footwear that causes discomfort or back open footwear may also lead to cracked heels.
Scrub To Soften Your Feet:
This home made scrub is used to soften your feet with minimal effort. The ingredients used in this scrub are mostly available in our day to day life.
- Brown sugar- 2tbsp
- Lemon juice- 1tsp
- Honey- 1tbsp
- Olive oil- 1tbsp
- Bath tub half filled with warm (not hot) water
- Take a bowl and mix well all the ingredients just mentioned above one by one until it forms a thick, sticky, smooth paste and set it aside.
- Now, soak your feet in warm water for about 10 to 15 minutes so that your feet are freed from minute dust particles and are clean and smooth.
- With feet still in tub, slather the exfoliating agent over the foot and gently scrub your foot moving your hands in circular motions.
- Repeat the same to other foot.
- After this rinse off your feet in the tub to get a smooth and silky feet.
This scrub nourishes the dry skin and removes the dead skin cells under your feet.