We all get the ugly wrinkles as we get older. They are normal part of aging process. If they bother you or you consider they are deeper than should be then pay a little closer attention to your daily skin care as it may be incomplete, ineffective or absent.
With age, skin cells division process gets slower, and the inner layer, the dermis, begins to thin ==> skin lose stretchiness, structure, its ability to moisture, to produce oil and heal slowly. All this factors leads to wrinkles.
The good news is that we benefit from many easy and cheap home remedies that help us reduce wrinkles and prevent forming new ones.
This is the most important and effective home remedy in treating wrinkles. Water keeps skin hydrated assist it in keeping moisture levels. When skin is dehydrated it is dried and looks much older.
Make sure to sufficient pure drink and filtered water. Unfiltered drinks could damage skin because of chemicals in its composition.
The recommended quantity of water is of two liters daily. Start your day with a glass of water and keep permanently a bottle of water besides you. Drink regularly and do not wait until you are thirsty as this is a signal from body that it s already dehydrated. Avoid alcohol and carbonated drinks.
2. Olive Oil
Olive oil is a great massage ingredient for skin as it is a source of antioxidants, such as vitamins A and E, which combat free radical which damage skin. Massage skin with olive oil on a regular basis and the skin will get moisturized visibly, repaired and regenerated. As the oil gets deep into the skin it provides a long-lasting protection and keeps it moisturized.
You can replace olive oil with also massage your skin with coconut oil, emu oil, almond oil or vitamin E oil.
3. Aloe Vera
It contains malic acid which assists in reducing wrinkles by as it makes skin more elastic. Apply on skin the gel from an aloe leaf and leave it for around 15 minutes. Rinse it off with warm water.
Ginger is an great anti-wrinkle remedy due to its high antioxidants levels. Furthermore, it inhibits the elastin breakdown, one of the main causes of wrinkles and fine lines. Mix a pinch of shredded ginger with a spoon of honey. Eat this mixture every morning. You can also drink ginger tea twice a day.
Bananas are a great source of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants which treat wrinkles and fine lines. Using this remedy twice per week will rejuvenate your skin and treat wrinkles in a natural manner.
- Mash two ripe bananas into a thick paste. Apply the paste on the wrinkled areas. Leave it on for at least a half an hour and then wash it off with lukewarm water. Follow it with some skin moisturizer.
Almonds are a source of fiber, vitamin E, iron, zinc, calcium, folic acid, and oleic acid, which put off the aging process of skin.
- Soak almonds in raw milk and leave it overnight. In the morning, remove the skin and grind the almonds into a thick paste. Spread the paste on skin and around eyes to get rid of dark circles. Leave it for around 20 minutes and then rinse it off with warm water. Do it on regular basis, daily if possible.
- You can also massage almond oil into your skin to delay the effects of aging.
Carrots have high levels of vitamin A, which assists in the collagen production and keeps the skin smooth.
- Boil two or three large carrots in water until they become soft. Blend the carrots with some honey to get a paste. Apply it directly on the face. Leave it on for about a half an hour and then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Or, combine equal parts of carrot juice and honey each morning and evening and leave it for around 10 minutes before rinsing it off.
- Eat carrots daily
Lemons are rich source of citric acid that acts as a strong exfoliant and helps removing dead skin cells. It also cleanse deeply and acts as an astringent that will diminish wrinkles and fine lines.
- Rub softly a little bit of lemon juice on facial skin. Leave it on for 5 and rinse it off your face with water.
- Or, you can mix 1 spoon each of yogurt, honey and vitamin E oil and lemon juice and spread on face.
- Or, mix and apply lemon juice with amla powder (Indian gooseberry) on skin and the aging process will be delayed naturally.
Pineapples have enzymes that increase skin elasticity, moisturize the skin, and assists in removing dead skin cells as well. The fruit is also rich in antioxidants, fibers and vitamins that boost skin health.
- Rub pineapple flesh on the affected skin area. Leave it to dry for 20 minutes
- Attention to sun exposure, especially in the time interval when the rays are stronger.
- Manage stress which accelerates cellular skin aging.
- Stop smoking as it cause early wrinkles.
- Include more vitamin C rich foods: orange, blueberries, grapefruit, pineapple, broccoli, bell peppers, spinach, and kale in your diet as it increases collagen levels and fights free radicals.
- Include omega-3 fatty acids will also help keep your skin youthful and plump.
- Sleep properly and try to stay more on your back to prevent sleep lines that eventually turn into wrinkles.
- Control frowning