Oral hygene is one of the most important things in our everyday life. Everyone wants a fresh and lovely smile and sometimes they are willing to pay a lot of money, even though there are a lot of natural ways to whiten your teeth, it takes a little longer and you have to be patient, sure, but it’s a lot healthier.
Turmeric is widely known for it’s healing properties for a number of different illnesses, but used as a powder, as it is described below, it has a whitening effect on your teeth , just like baking soda or cinnamon.
Here are 5 methods. Read them, try them and choose your favorite:
- You can just press little turmeric powder on your regular toothpaste and brush your teeth normally;
- Mix ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder with some water until you obtain a paste. You will need a special toothbrush for this treatment because it will turn yellow: soak the toothbrush into water and then in the turmeric paste. Brush your teeth for several minutes and let it act for 2-3 minute before your rinse. Then brush your teeth normally to get rid of the yellowish color.
- You can use turmeric powder to make mouthwash: mix ¼ teaspoon turmeric with water and use it like a mouthwash.
- In a bowl mix 4 tablespoons of turmeric powder with 2 teaspoons baking soda and 2-3 tablespoons of coconut oil. Soak a toothbrush in this paste and brush your teeth for 1-2 minutes. Store the paste in the fridge for several days.
- Wet your toothbrush and then dip it in little turmeric powder. Brush your teeth normally. When you are done instead of rinsing, allow the turmeric to do its magic for 3-4 minutes. Then rinse.